Mercante - An eCommerce platform with SEO in mind
Posted: 14/02/2012 16:14:58 Tags: ecommerce, Egghead, Marketing, Mercante, Search Engine Optimisation, SEO
Imagine yourself owning a brand new sports car but with a 10 year old engine… It’s lovely to look at sat on your drive, but in a race it’s barely going to get you off the starting line. Essentially, this how a website works for you without good SEO.
eCommerce is a growing market that is becoming saturated with information for consumers. Good quality on page content is key to any successful SEO campaign; this is easily achieved within the Mercante eCommerce Platform. As a business you need to be able to adapt as shopping behaviors change and you need a system with flexibility.
Bearing in mind how highly competitive the eCommerce sector is, we have built our Mercante system in a way that offers you assurance that it will perform in the search engines. It provides all the tools you need to do the job and all anyone has to do to see results is use them.
Basic Mercante SEO Features
- Control of all your Meta data (Title, Keywords and Description)
- Control of all your on page headings and tags
- Maximum control of all other on page content (Such as alt tags, bold tags and anchor text)
- Simple internal link building (and external no follow links)
- Control of on page sitemap
- The ability to hide pages which is useful for marketing campaigns, landing pages and special offers
Advanced Mercante SEO Features
- Product descriptions: the content is all searchable
- SEO friendly Urls even in product listings
- Canonical links for duplicate product urls to avoid duplicate listings in your site map
- Google site map is auto generated as pages are added and this can be altered to create page priority
To anyone operating in the field of eCommerce, we would view these requirements as the basic essentials to support an SEO campaign. Making good use of these tools will get you results but the quality of those results will depend on a strategic long term plan for your business.